Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Friday 11 June 2010

The Summer Quilter magazine



My article on the Allendale quilts appeared in The Quilter - the magazine of the Quilters Guild and I received it in the post yesterday. It looks good and I'm pleased with it. My eagle eye noticed a few corrections/alterations to the text and I was interested in what had been changed. As a lecturer I was forever correcting text!

I have been promised space at the FOQ to exhibit the two quilts (August) but am still waiting to hear the details.

In the meantime, if anyone from outside the UK wishes to read the article, send me your email address using the email contact on my profile page (I will not publish this message) and I will send you a scanned copy. If you do live in the UK, can I encourage you to join the Quilters Guild - I've always found the area days, the Quilt Study Group and the magazine very interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I shall look out for them at FOQ.
    Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a member of the Quilters Guild and I don't live in the UK...but, I certainly would encourage anyone in the US to join. The heritage and materials are worth the cost of membership alone.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete