Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Tuesday 1 May 2012

Jen Jones - Catalog and DVD

Recently, I sent off for Jen Jones' latest catalogue and also her new DVD which shows the three previous exhibitions.


Here is the DVD. There is a "walk around" with Jen and Gwenllian Ashley (the exhibition's designer) in which they discuss selected quilts. In addition, there are still photos of other quilts in each of the exhibitions. I enjoyed watching this DVD, the only thing that bothered me was the music; it is a modern song in an indie/folkie sort of vein and as there are no credits on the packaging I could not find out who the musician was. Liz N said that she turned the sound off when she was watching it!
Here is the newest catalogue for this year's exhibition - "A Quilted Bridge". It shows the great similarity between the Welsh quilts and the Amish quilts. There are lovely examples from Jen's collection, as well as Amish quilts on loan from the American Museum in Bath.

The format is the same one as before, with lovely illustrations, and at  a reasonable cost.
A Welsh quilt with lovely Welsh stitching from Jen's collection.


This exhibition is of course complimented by Dorothy Oslers' recent book publication, Amish Quilts and the Welsh Connection, which sets out clearly the results of Oslers' research on Welsh settlements in the USA.

To get your copy of the catalogue or DVD, copy, just email Jen at quilts@jen-jones.com
Price of the catalogue is £5 plus P and P, the DVD £11.99 plus P and P.

No comments:

Post a Comment