Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 14 May 2012

Red Paisley Fabric

I recently bought a throw to use for its turkey red fabric. I had previously planned to use  the printed panels for a backing, but now I don't think that I can bear to use them! Too special! So I think that this fabric, which is in fairly good condition, will have to do instead.

 I know that it is possible to buy reproduction fabrics, but I haven't seen a good turkey red for sale when I have been looking for it. And, this is less expensive than the modern imitation.
I did have to do some unpicking, though!

 There are about eight yards of fabric, all in the same pattern. The fabric is only 36" wide, however.

 In the middle was a very worn blanket, very shredded.


I have also bought some vintage cotton wadding from Christine at the Linen Cupboard. It has a slight skin on one side, just as mentioned in the books.

Once I finish my Hawaiian quilt, I want to get started on another wholecloth  the pattern will be the tricky part - what to choose? I do have some ideas...

2 comments:

  1. The Paisley is really beautiful! And I am very, very curious about the design you choose for your new wholecloth. Please post some pictures as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fortunate to find the paisley fabric. It is hard to find a nice red with a pleasing paisley design. Lucky you! :)

    Judy

    ReplyDelete