Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Wednesday 16 May 2012

Walk to Blaxhall

Last weekend we had a walk in the Suffolk countryside - from Blaxhall to Little Glemham and back. This church is Blaxhall church; it has a ring of six bells which is pretty typical for a smaller country church. The plant in the foreground is "Alexanders" or Smyrnium, an Umbellifer. It is a handsome plant, brought here by the Romans from the Mediterranean. At one time it was used as an herb or salad plant, as it is midway between celery and parsley.
Another view across the fields to Blaxhall Church.


The bluebells were just coming into flower and made a lovely carpet of blue.


And - a field with two donkeys....we are able to see all sorts of unusual livestock on our walks, and also some wildlife if we are lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pippa, gorgeous pics and blog as usual. :)
    Karen (NZ)

    ReplyDelete