Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Friday 6 July 2012

Ringing for the Olympic Torch in Ipswich


There was a lot of celebration yesterday as the Olympic torch procession arrived in Suffolk. Mike and I went to Ipswich to help ring the bells in the evening. Here we are at St Lawrence, Ipswich (a very old ring of five).


Because the torch was a bit late in arriving at its overnight resting place, we then went to St Mary-le-Tower and continued to ring on the bells there. A great atmosphere - we were glad to be part of the celebrations.

More difficult was getting up this morning, when we had to ring at 6.30 in the morning, as the Olympic torch left Ipswich on its way to Essex!

1 comment:

  1. Great fun to be part of this historic celebration. No doubt you are back in bed for a nap.... a well earned nap.

    ReplyDelete