Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Saturday 15 September 2012

British German Stash Exchange

This  was an interesting show of small quilts - the German British Stash Exchange. The Patchwork Gilde Deutschland challenged the Quilters Guild to a stash exchange, and 101 quilters rose to the challenge. Participants had to send fat quarters or  equivalent pieces (four to six) totalling 1 meter fabric from their own stash. These were exchanged with fabric from the other country. They then had to make a quilt with the fabrics  and any from their own selection. 60 of these were on display. I guess there was a standard size to make the quilt. These photos are just a few of the entries. You can see the entry forms with the samples of fabrics in some of the photos.





The variety of results was amazing. I enjoyed this.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing these Pippa, it was something I meant to look at but time ran out so it's great to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete