Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Wednesday 10 October 2012

Quilts Return from Llanidloes

The Welsh and Durham quilts which had been in Llanidloes for the summer returned home yesterday. Doreen's son Paul kindly brought them back on his way to Aldeburgh for a holiday.
There are seven large carrier bags full of quilts - hard to believe that they all fitted into my small car!

The bags immediately became a cat perch!

I am giving a talk on hand applique to a WI in Levington tonight - I gave my talk on "The Amish and their Quilts" some time ago and I have been asked back. I enjoy giving these talks. I'll show my applique quilts and my Hawaiian quilts and add a bit of quilt history.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the time in Levington, Pippa! Could you tell a little more about your quilt talk? How long do they last? How many people can attend? I am thinking about offering something similar here with my own wholecloths.
    Andrea in Germany

    ReplyDelete