Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Sunday 13 January 2013

Tom and Lily's Wedding - Islington Town Hall

The big day finally arrived - Mike and I got up early and took the train into London. After arriving far too early, we went to a coffee shop to pass the time - when we arrived at the Town Hall, everyone was gathering!

The wedding took place in the meeting chamber of the town hall; I could see why the couple chose this room over the others available as it was a lovely space. The ceremony proved to be touching and emotional.


Signing the register....friend Tom was in charge of the music while Will was best man...
Mie came from Tokyo to be the bride's maid. Lily's parents and relatives were also there....


Outside the hall where rose petals were thrown - difficult to get a good photo but Mike was pleased with this one!

Tom and Lily with Tom's parents Pippa and Chris. Mrs Iwata wore a lovely kimono, I will try to find out more and share photos later. We then took taxis down to the Savoy on the Strand where lunch was served. After the cake was cut, we repaired to a very fancy bar...



Tom's sister Sophie flew in from Singapore with partner Paul - here she is, signing the lucky cat doll. There were two to sign, one for Tom and one for Lily. If this is the pink one, I think it is Lily's!

All in all, a fantastic day that went exceedingly well. Best wishes to Tom and Lily in their new life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment