Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 1 July 2013

A Sunday at Pulham Market, Norfolk

At  last!! Some proper summer weather....Mike and I went to Pulham Market in Norfolk on Sunday. First, we rang a quarter peal of Grandsire Triples at the church to kick off the local Music Day...four Norfolk ringers and four Suffolk ringers....Mike conducted and it sounded good, with no mistakes! The ringers even got a thank you over the tannoy, which was being set up.

Then, we went on a walk towards Tivitshall, going across the Norwich - Ipswich Road in doing so. A small but busy road, which was originally a Roman road. We ate our picnic in a grassy area under a large tree..


Sandra and Paul, our bellringing friends, are into geo-caching, so we were able to see how this was done. It basically is finding hidden things in the course of a walk, although it can be done by car. The GPS device gave us the general location and a clue to the hidden cache. This one was under a tree and was in a plastic tub...sign the register and return to its hiding place...

A mini cache in the hole in the tree...


Where is it? This one had disappeared, perhaps when repairs were done...we found where it once had been, under a rock...

 Another cache was in the churchyard of Tivitshall church (no bells here - they were sold to pay for the repair of the roof).


Heading back to Pulham Market, with a field of green grain and the church peeping over the barns..

...and back to Pulham Market for a beer at the Kings Head. The Pulham Music Day (the local village fete, I think) was in full swing, with some good local musicians providing the music. A largely local audience was enjoying the sunshine....the village green is surrounded by pretty thatched cottages and two pubs, unusual these days...we had a very good local sausage - the English equivalent of the hot dog....

Back home with a touch of the sun.....

No comments:

Post a Comment