Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Monday 5 August 2013

Busy Week - Pettistree, Beamish and NEC

It's been a busy time! On Sunday, we rang for Evensong at Pettistree, and in doing so rang the 800th quarter peal. Its an achievement, considering that each one lasts for about 45 minutes. You can see from the photo that it was a hot day, and not even Gill's fan seemed to help very much. I am getting ready to go to Beamish in County Durham later this week, to measure their Sanderson Star quilts. I am staying at Bushblades Farm, one of the older farms in the area. I stayed there several years ago when BQSG had their seminar at Beamish, and found it very pleasant. Last week, I went to the Quilt Museum in York to do some quilt measurements. I will try to post some photos. The current quilt exhibition is th best yet - lovely quilts. I am also off to the Festival of Quilts on Saturday and Sunday. My Hawaiian quilt was not finished in time to send it off, so will have to wait for next year.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely to find your blog - I am in Norfolk just up the road from you, I love quilts and especially the history behind them. You have been ringing bells in churches quite near me I see! I have been looking at all your quilts in the links at the top - just beautiful! Cathy.

    ReplyDelete