Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Thursday 12 September 2013

..and More Quilts from FOQ 2013


....More quilts from the Festival of Quilts 2013. We are leaving the Traditional Quilts behind, and looking at Contemporary and Art quilts....


Here is Philippa Naylor's quilt, Tumbling Blocks. Hand dyed fabrics. Machine quilted on a domestic machine. Very complex piecing, including small 3D cubes which are pieced on to the quilt top and appear to be exploding from the quilt. This quilt rightly attracted a lot of attention!


Margaret Woodside of Larne, Northern Ireland, Agapanthus. Includes some fabric painting.


Double Wedding Ring, by Carole Wood and Kathy Lee, Northampton. Foundation pieced and longarm quilted. 2nd Two person quilt.


Jean Ball, Gravesend, I Love Fabric, 3rd Contemporary Quilts. Bonded lettering.Colours allowed to flow without prior planning. Bamboo wadding


Nina Lise Moen, Stavanger Norway, Whatever You Say I am. Painting with fibre technique worked layer upon layer. Judges Choice



Marian Hall, Welwyn Garden City, Lago Maggiore. Layering of dyes, quilting and embellishments. Judges Choice. Again, colours much better in real life!!

2 comments:

  1. OOOH! I was there and LOVED that tumbling block quilt! The colors jumped right out and yelled , "look at me!" And the 3d blocks that literally jumped out were great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, thanks for sharing so many pics of this show, amazing work. I love all the vintage hand quilted pieces that will be on exhibit at Jen Jones. I had to cancel my trip to London, so it was great to see your youtube show.

    ReplyDelete