Search This Blog

I am a quilter living in Woodbridge, Suffolk who has made quilts since I was a teenager. I also ring bells! Both are great British traditions....I will try to feature some of my antique Welsh and Durham quilts, the quilts I make myself, my quilting activities and also some of my bellringing achievements. Plus as many photos as I can manage. NB: Double click on the photos to see greater detail, then use back button to return to the main page.













Friday 29 April 2016

Cot quilt from Sunderland


Here is a little cot quilt in "art silk". It measures 21 x 28 inches.

Cot quilts are not as common as they might be, as they get hard use and often don't survive.


This quilt comes from Sunderland where it was a family item.


The design is a simple one, a daisy, cross hatching and a simple zig zag outer border.


The edges are a bit worn, and have been finished by hand. I expected cotton wadding, but it is a bit springy, and may be polyester....which might mean that this is not such an old piece. I will have to examine under the microscope!

1 comment: